Rates for Registration
|Early Bird and Speakers Rate||R2700|
|Student Rate||R800 (no meals included)|
Abstract Submission Dates
First Call for Symposium Proposals:
Durban is known for its unique diversity which allows its residents to experience other cultures, other environments, other lifestyles and other ways of doing. It’s upon this backdrop that the OTher Symposium will be presented in May 2018.
The OTher Symposium’s vision is to provide a platform and an opportunity for diverse people, voices and practices to connect and collaborate with the overarching aim of creating the space to reflect on our related professions and society. The symposium will cultivate an atmosphere of dialogue and sharing as facilitators/presenters are encouraged to submit presentations in all formats that speak to the content of the session. It is thus recommended that the facilitator carefully construct the proposal to reflect the content of the session rather than to choose a de facto podium presentation style.
Three tracks allow for varied engagement namely:
(Please see the symposium drop down link to access an explanation for each track.) Symposium proposals in each track will have specific requirements for that track.
Presentations may be 30 minute sessions (minimally a 15 minute presentation and 15 minute discussion), experiential session from 30mins -1hr, panel discussion- 1hr
Submissions in English should include the following:
- Title of the submission [maximum of 20 words]
- Name/s of all facilitators
- Corresponding facilitator
- Affiliations and Contact details of facilitators [Including organization/institution, city and country, e-mail address, work phone number]
- Contents of the submission [Maximum 500 words]
- One relevant image is allowed in the submissions.
- Please indicate your preference of presentation style and audio-visual needs.
- Examples: video, poetry, podium presentation, panel discussion, workshop, auto-ethnographic piece, visual methodologies, action based piece
|Opening Date for Submissions||28 April 2017|
|Closing Date for Submissions of Abstracts||30 September 2017|
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance||30 November 2017|
Please submit your expression of interest/abstract below (Please read the requirements above and include your chosen method of delivery).